Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Conference in Shanghai

I'm very fortunate that I was able to travel to China twice in one year.  I was invited to attend the  2nd Global Perspective Academic Library Directors' Forum at the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics in Shanghai, China November 18-20.  The conference theme was Academic Libraries' Strategic Transformation:  Organizational Change and Librarians' Career Development and so I presented on our liaison restructuring.   This is the library from which we've had several visitors and I saw most of them there.  And Sha Li attended and presented as well so I visited with her.

It was very interesting to see how a Chinese conference works.  The presentations were very formal  and more theoretical than those we usually experience at a U.S. conference.  The SUFE hosts were incredibly gracious and took excellent care of us. We got to do some touring and well as conferencing and the food was wonderful! 

My only hitch was being delayed a day in Shanghai due to flight cancellation.  But, I was re-routed through Tokyo so now I can say I've been to Japan.

Here are some pictures if you want to look through them.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24010313@N04/sets/72157649072687340/

No comments: